Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How to Watch TV News

Now, lately I would find this comment a fact, but on this particular day hearing this comment makes me believe its certainly fiction." Those who underestimate the knowledge that television is simply mindless is misconscrude and found guilty to their own self entertainment." This comment was written by a Proffesor in some kind of college who believed that what Neil Postman and Steve Powers novel, "How to watch tv News" only brings an opinionated fact. Now, today I learned that you can find knowledge from any resource as long as its accurate. With that being said, I would have to disagree with this quote/comment/opinion. I find many resourceful resources not only through the internet but mostly through the television screen. Some interesting facts that dont even apply to Journalism and yet I have knowledge of them for future reference. For this proffessor to say that I am being misconscruded is not applicable. I have always found television entertaining and fundamentally educational. Everyone has their ways to learn, mine is half of the time stuck in front of a tv box. So what? Its how I learn sometimes and I know Im not doing anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment