Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to watch tv news by Neil Postman revised by Steve Powers

While the world of television is mostly populated with the latest sex scandal or celeb spotting, we fail to see what our "popculture" has become; all about the "Image". Mainly minds are so consumed with television viewing its not whats on thats effective, but what we are not watching. In the novel How To Watch TV NEWS, I found that the career that I am persuing has fallen from grace within the world of television. Did you know that in order to have a new show on the air, it will costs you $500,000.00. Sounds like alot? On the contrar, to have sitcoms, reality shows, just the entertainment itself kind of shows, they would cost you over 2 million dollars. Now what does that tell you? I myself have indulged into shows that are mearly for my likings, but it just goes to show that we as a country have painted an ugly picture that many would say is not productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment