Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to watch tv news by Neil Postman revised by Steve Powers

I haven't really introduced the novel that I am reading. Its pure entertainment, the real deal stuff. I was given this novel by my teacher so that it would provide some inspiration to find myself in the world of Journalism. The novel is titled, "How To Watch TV News by co-authors Neil Postman and Steve Powers. The background of these authors Steve Powers and Neil Postman is recognized within television. With Powers winning an Emmy award in 1981 for his reporting on the Channel 5 NEWS FOX in New York or being the first reporter to cover John Lennon's death, his remarkable career also had its down which was one of the reasons why this book was created. Neil Postman wrote 18 novels including the famous Amusing Ourselves to Death which was translated into eight languages and sold 200,000 copies world wide. Each author has brought a different knowledge to the table. And thats the greatness of this novel, to have all this knowledge and wisdom for many upcoming journalist like me or just readers in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment