Monday, February 15, 2010

How to watch tv news by Neil Postman revised by Steve Powers

What is News? This question was brought up to my viewing as I read more of the novel. When asked this question I thought of the weather or the tragedies that struck Samoa, Filipines, Indonesia, and Haiti. In this novel they were speaking more of "what is" news in our society, what is displayed? As I flip the channels on the televion I notice whats really news on the major channels such as MTV, VH1, BET, E, and other entertainment channels. The latest news are the latest scandals displayed. Tiger Woods interviews and Lean Rimes Adultery scandal. Sexting in school, oh and the most populared viewed, the new Bachelor season. Almost everything was about sex basically. I flip the channel to CNN and The Anderson Cooper Show was on. The show discussed, viewed, and debated on more important topics such as Barack Obama and his new plans for Healthcare, the war in Iraq, troops in Iraq as opposed to Afghanistan, the mission for help in Haiti, mainly topics I would truly be interested in. Not of Sex, divorce, and all that nonesence. To Be Continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment